The Mighty Cumberland Falls

The Mighty Cumberland Falls
Viewed from the Eagle Falls Trail on the west bank

Monday, February 22, 2010

The First Post....about time?

So it's a Monday afternoon and I'm bored to tears sitting here at the house....I would actually rather be at work right now but this upper respiratory thing "or whatever" (in the immortal words of my co-worker, Tara) is finishing up its beautiful work in me. 

And who doesn't love phlegm?

Magen mentioned blogspot to me as we were discussing our upcoming Spring Break backcountry camping trip to Virgin Falls (near Sparta, TN).  We've visited so many waterfalls and taken so many pictures, why not tell everyone about them?  I know whenever I prepare for a hike I do as much research on the internet as possible, and for some of the trips there's just not enough info out there.

So I guess it's time to get started.  Check out Mr. Profile to learn more about us (although I'm sure I'll be doing most of the posting), but I'll go ahead and let you know...

I love hiking! 



And I'm huge!


Haha!  That's right, that dead sexy beast in the picture above is yours truly...El Guapo of KY! (For you non-Spanish speakers, that translates into whatever you would like it to mean). 
 
310 pounds of lucious man goodness (although only around 275 in this picture....we'll discuss that later).
 
Here's a photo of the elusive Mrs. El Guapo...
 
 
You're asking yourself..."how does that Gandalf wannabe deserve such a beautiful woman?"  Heck if I know.  Judging from this picture I have even less going for me than I originally thought.  I mean, I can't be much of a conversationlist if she spends most of her days talking to hand puppets and grinning like Laura Silsby after an earthquake.
 
Anyway, back to the hiking/waterfalling/whatevering.  I've not fully explored blogspot and all its infinite options as of yet, but I'm guessing I should end this post and start a new one based on the 1st trip.  So stay tuned for the all-too-popular Cumberland Falls breakdown with the obligatory romantic twist and hint of lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment